First Irish Look: OnePlus 2 Unboxing
Our OnePlus 2 review unit just arrived and I am anxious to get my grubby mitts on it, although I have a fight on my hands I am told. In an Irish technology publication first, just like with the original OnePlus One, Ireland’s Technology Blog is the first media publication to bring you this first look.
OnePlus 2 Highlights
- 5.5" 16M-color 1080 x 1920px IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen of 401ppi
- Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop) with Oxygen OS 2.0
- Quad-core Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A57 CPU, 3/4GB of RAM, Adreno 430 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset
- 13MP camera, F/2.0 aperture, OIS, laser auto focus, dual-LED flash
- 2160p@30fps video, 1080@30fps
- 16GB and 64GB storage options
- Dual SIM support
- Fingerprint sensor
- Reversible USB Type-C connector
- Active noise cancellation
- Swappable back panels
- 3,300mAh battery
The OnePlus 2 comes in two variants, a 16GB version with 3GB of RAM or our version, the 64GB with 4GB of RAM. Currently the 16GB is being shown as sold out, but just like with the original OnePlus One, they never really sold the lower memory option. Not because they couldn’t but they just never actually put it up for sale for the most part, same applies here.
The new OnePlus 2 has some welcomed design updates including a now much easier to change back cover, and you now have some very fancy options available, including Bamboo and Kevlar to name just two. The camera has been greatly updated with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and Lazer Focus. A new USB Type-C port at the bottom takes care of your charging and data needs and is fully reversible.
Check out the unboxing video above and stay tuned to ITB for our full review soon.